Returning teachers

returning teacher walking on school grounds with students

If you are a qualified teacher returning to teaching in NSW public schools after an absence of five years or more you will need to re-apply for approval to teach. If you have not taught in a NSW school in the past five years you will also need to get accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).

If you commenced your teaching career prior to 1 October 2004 and you have not had a break from teaching for more than five years, you don't currently have to be accredited by NESA to work as a teacher in NSW.

Once you have been approved and, if applicable, accredited to teach in NSW public schools, you will be able to work as a casual teacher and apply for the temporary and permanent teaching positions advertised in JobFeed. Subscribe to JobFeed to have the newly advertised teaching positions delivered to your inbox every Wednesday.