Connected Communities Recruitment
Are you committed to strengthening educational outcomes for Aboriginal students and all students? Would you like to work in schools committed to building ongoing partnerships with the local community? If so, apply now to teach in a Connected Communities NSW public school.
The Connected Communities Strategy is an approach that brings schools and communities together to strengthen educational outcomes for Aboriginal students and all students. Co-constructed with the NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group (AECG), the strategy embodies the school as a 'community hub', with the local community, teachers and school leaders supported to deliver innovative teaching and learning programs, leading to improved educational and life outcomes for Aboriginal students and all students. Cultural immersion and high expectations for Aboriginal students are key platforms from which the strategy is drawn.
This is an exciting and career-defining opportunity for qualified teachers who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and young people.
The NSW Department of Education is currently recruiting teachers to work in one of 16 Phase 1 Connected Communities schools across NSW. Successful applicants will be appointed permanently and if relocating over 100km, will also receive a $5,000 - $8,000 allowance.
Connected Communities schools offer a range of incentives and professional benefits for the right candidates. Benefits vary from school to school, but may include:
- the Rural Teacher Incentive of between $20,000 and $30,000 gross per annum
- an Experienced Teacher Benefit of $10,000 gross for a maximum of five years
- an Annual Retention Benefit of $5,000 gross for a maximum of ten years
- rental subsidy of 50% - 90%
- additional personal leave and professional development days, and
- locality allowances.
Following assessment of applications and a local suitability interview, successful candidates will be made an offer of permanent employment, with a minimum service commitment of three years.
To find out more about the Connected Communities schools currently being recruited for, please view the list below.
Connected Communities Schools
- Boggabilla Central School - 6 (CC) points - Map
- Bourke Public School - 6 (CC) points - Map
- Bourke High School - 6 (CC) points - Map
- Brewarrina Central School - 8 (CC) points - Map
- Coonamble Public School - 6 (CC) points - Map
- Coonamble High School - 6 (CC) points - Map
- Hillvue Public School (Tamworth) - Map
- Menindee Central School - 8 (CC) points - Map
- Moree East Public School - 4 (CC) points - Map
- Moree Secondary College - 4 (CC) points - Map
- Taree Public School - Map
- Taree High School - Map
- Toomelah Public School - 8 (CC) points - Map
- Walgett Community College - Primary School - 8 (CC) points - Map
- Walgett Community College - High School - 8 (CC) points - Map
- Wilcannia Central School - 8 (CC) points - Map
Who can apply?
Applications are welcomed from any casual, temporary or permanent NSW Department of Education teacher with a current approval to teach.
External applicants are also encouraged to apply, but must have a NSW Department of Education approval to teach before being eligible to commence an appointment. External applicants may submit an application while concurrently gaining approval to teach.
How to apply
Applications are to be submitted via I work for NSW by Sunday, 18 April 2021. Applications must:
- Include a current CV of no more than two A4 pages
- Include the contact details of two professional referees
- Address the specific selection criteria (maximum of three A4 pages)
- Attach a supporting statement, endorsed by current principal (for temporary and permanent teachers) or a current or recent supervisor (casual teachers).
Shortlisted applicants will be required to participate in a local suitability interview, conducted by the Executive Principal and a local AECG representative.
Learn more about the difference you could make as a teacher in a NSW public school.
Talk to us
Contact the Connected Communities team via: email@example.com.