The following universities offer approved masters in special education, inclusive education and sensory disabilities:
- Charles Sturt University
- Deakin University
- Flinders University
- La Trobe University
- RIDBC Renwick Centre
- The University of Newcastle
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of New England
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Sydney
- The University of Wollongong.
- The University of Melbourne
Note: The above list is not exhaustive. New programs delivered by other universities may be available.
Other opportunities for future special education teachers
Special education teachers are in high-demand in NSW public schools. The department also offers the Every Student, Every School: Learning and Support Scholarship to support permanent DoE teachers and executives to complete a masters in special education, inclusive education and sensory disabilities.