Sponsored Training Education Program
A Sponsored Training Education Program gives you
Study completion grant
Approved teachers, you could get paid while you study full-time or part-time to become a teacher of a high-demand subject area or specialist teacher and be guaranteed a permanent position in a NSW public school with the Sponsored Training Education Program (STEP). STEP recipients get:
- $5000 for one year of full-time study (paid pro-rata for part-time study)
- $300 general purpose allowance
- up to eight days relief per year (paid to school)
- study leave in accordance with current provisions contained in the Teachers Handbook
- $2500 study completion grant
- permanent appointment to a NSW public school in a high-demand location (ie western and south-western Sydney, and rural or remote NSW) on completion of studies.
- (if relocating to an area of staffing need and eligible for Transferred Officers Compensation) $3000 appointment allowance.
- TAS with engineering studies
- special education
- careers adviser
- teacher librarian
- English as a second language (ESL).
Check your eligibility
Find out if you're eligible to apply.
Hear from some STEP recipients about how they've benefited from the program.
Read the FAQs
Get answers to your questions about STEP.
Talk to us
Contact our sponsored training team via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 300 634