Through psychology sponsorship, approved teachers are supported to complete a three year sequence of Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) approved psychology studies over one year before commencing a school counsellor sponsorship.
Psychology sponsorship recipients get:
- reimbursement of compulsory university fees for approved third year psychology subjects from commencement of the sponsorship
- reimbursement of university-based accommodation expenses to attend compulsory university residential sessions and examinations where overnight accommodation is necessary
- entry into a school counsellor sponsorship program on successful completion of the three year sequence of APAC approved psychology studies
- a permanent school counsellor position in a NSW public school on completion of a school counselling sponsorship program.
To apply, you will need to:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- hold a current NSW driver's licence
- be an approved teacher with the NSW Department of Education for full time employment
- have, within the last ten years, completed a minimum of two years of APAC approved psychology studies with a credit average and provide evidence of completion. If you are completing your two year sequence of approved psychology studies in semester 2, 2019, you must provide your academic results to date and evidence of enrolment for semester 2, 2019
- be committed to completing a three year sequence of APAC approved psychology studies before commencing a school counsellor sponsorship program
- be willing to accept an appointment as a permanent full time school counsellor in a NSW public school in an agreed location on completion of a school counsellor sponsorship program for a minimum period of two years.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to select either 'Anywhere in the State' or individual school education areas where you would like to be appointed on completion of your studies.
If you select to be appointed 'Anywhere in the State', you are agreeing to be appointed to a school in one of the following school education areas: Albury, Armidale, Bankstown, Batemans Bay, Bathurst, Blacktown, Bondi, Bourke, Broken Hill, Campbelltown, Central Coast, Clarence/Coffs Harbour, Deniliquin, Dubbo, Fairfield, Granville, Griffith, Hornsby, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Liverpool, Maitland, Moree, Mount Druitt, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Orange, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Jackson, Port Macquarie, Queanbeyan, Ryde, Shellharbour, St George, Sutherland, Tamworth, Taree, Tweed Heads/Ballina, Wagga Wagga, Windsor, Wollongong.
You may choose to select one school education area from the following list of priority rural or remote areas of workforce need: Bourke, Broken Hill, Deniliquin, Griffith, Moree, Orange, Queanbeyan and Taree.
You could also select a minimum of three or more individual school education areas, from either Sydney metropolitan areas of workforce need and/or rural or remote areas of workforce need.
The metropolitan areas of workforce need are Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Granville, Liverpool, Mount Druitt, Parramatta, Penrith, Ryde and Windsor.
The rural or remote areas of workforce need are Albury, Armidale, Batemans Bay, Bathurst, Bourke, Broken Hill, Central Coast, Deniliquin, Dubbo, Griffith, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Maitland, Moree, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Orange, Port Macquarie, Queanbeyan, Shellharbour, Tamworth, Taree, Wagga Wagga and Wollongong.
Priority will be given to candidates who are prepared to work in rural or remote areas of workforce need.
Contact our Sponsored Training Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 300 634.