Eligibility criteria

Find out if you're eligible to apply for a Rural teacher exchange. To apply, you will need to:

  1. be a classroom teacher, executive staff member or principal who is permanent full-time or permanent part-time or on part-time LWOP (Leave WithOut Pay).
  2. have accumulated five years full-time equivalent teaching experience prior to the commencement of the exchange (through casual, part-time and/or full-time work).
  3. be willing to teach with the Department for at least 12 months following the exchange.

Note: to be considered for an exchange, classroom teachers will require the endorsement of their Principal and Principals who apply will require the endorsement of their Director.

Further information

If you can't find answers to your questions in the FAQs , contact our teacher exchange team:

Email us, or phone 02 4224 9085.