School Counselling Service Graduate Scholarship Program
This graduate scholarship gives you
UP TO $26,500 PER YEAR OF STUDY
UP TO $6,600 APPOINTMENT ALLOWANCE
UP TO $1,500 TEXTBOOK ALLOWANCE
PERMANENT SCHOOL COUNSELLOR JOB
Applications are now closed
Make sure you subscribe to the email alert to be reminded when applications open or when new information becomes available.
Scholarships are available to psychology graduates who are undertaking the 2019 Master of Teaching (School Counselling) program at the University of Sydney.
The Supported Students, Successful Students School Counselling Service Graduate Scholarship Program is part of a comprehensive package of graduate scholarships being offered by the NSW Department of Education to support psychology graduates to become school counsellors working in NSW rural and metropolitan public schools.
It will provide psychology graduates with qualifications in teaching as well as school counsellor/school psychology training.
By participating in the Graduate Scholarship Program you will gain professional experience and supervision working as a school counsellor in a diverse range of NSW public schools in either rural or metropolitan locations.
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship to become a School Counsellor for the Master of Teaching (School Counselling) program 2019, you must:
- have completed a four year sequence of Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) approved psychology studies
- meet the requirements to undertake the Master of Teaching (School Counselling) program at the University of Sydney
- be willing to work in geographic areas of workforce need
- have or be able to obtain a NSW Working with Children Check
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, and
- hold a current and valid NSW driver's license prior to commencing employment.
The full package
Check out the step by step application guide and other information you need to know before applying.
Remind me to apply
Sign up and we'll send you a reminder email one week before applications close!
If you have further questions, please contact Ms Vicki Melitas on phone 02 7814 2988 or email our recruitment program team via SWRP@det.nsw.edu.au.